Launch of GST Self Service Portal
Goods and Services Tax Network has recently communicated to all taxpayers regarding the launch of GST Self Service Portal. The portal is aimed for taxpayers to express their issues and problems related to GST System and its services. GSTN will be launching this Self Help Portal at https://selfservice.gstsystem.in as a single platform where the taxpayer can call log tickets for any issues or concerns and for a quick resolution. This portal will This will be live from 22 Jan 2018.
Also, once this portal goes live, the helpdesk mail will no longer operate. It means no query mailed at [email protected] will be entertained and all the issues must be reported through this GST self-service portal
User-Friendly GST Self Service Portal?
GSTN Claims that the new system will be user-friendly and the taxpayers will be able to articulate and explain the issues they face during return filing and other related compliance. Some of the advantages as quoted for this new system are:
- Enable the raising of tickets by taxpayers themselves, providing all required information and reducing to and fro communication between helpdesk and taxpayers, helping to reach a faster resolution.
- Enable the taxpayer to check the progress of his ticket that raised in the past, with the latest status.
- Check the resolution comments in case the ticket is closed.
- The effective functionality of providing resolution of known errors generally faced along with the links to FAQ (based on the issue that being faced).
- Better analysis of data on issues faced by taxpayers and other stakeholders using GST System
We have observed that GSTN has made tall claims previously about the robustness of GST filing system, however, it has disappointed the taxpayers and tax practitioners alike. Hope this new system will bring ease of doing compliance and save the time of tax filers.
Latest Update on GST Self Service Portal
As on 23/01/2018, the GST Self Service Portal is still not live as communicated to all the taxpayers and the page is not opening up. Many taxpayers has this doubt whether to write at Helpdesk E-mail ID as provided earlier or not. This is so because GSTN has communicated that once GST Self Help Portal goes live, the helpdesk email will be discontinued. Now we need to see how this situation is addressed by the GSTN team.
Have more queries? Write to us directly at [email protected]
Read more on Goods and Services Tax